Minggu, 01 Maret 2020

My experience about scout.

     The Scout movement, also known as Scouting or the Scouts, is a voluntary non-political educational movement for young people open to all without distinction of gender, origin, race or creed, in accordance with the purpose, principles and method conceived by the founder, Lord Baden-Powell. Scout movement originated in British in 1908. Scouting is one of the many extracurriculars in the school. When I was in high school I chose Boy Scouts as my extracurricular choice because it really caught my attention. In scouting I got a lot of experience and lessons.

    First about Independence. As scouts we are required to be independent and not spoiled. There is no such thing as being spoiled or whining. As scouts we must be strong and resilient. At Boy Scouts we are trained to be strong and not weak, be brave too. Then about Teamwork, a scout is required to work together with their team. We usually called squad. And also how can we solve problems without using too much emotions. When there is a competition, teamwork is needed to win. 

   Then, get lots of new friends. Usually when we have a campsite, we can make new friends between classes or between schools and even between districts. Regardless of race, religious ethnicity, we can befriend others. In one of the camps that I have been to, the 'Raimuna Nasional XI' there I met many friends from Sabang to Merauke. And getting acquainted with friends from Malaysia and Brunei Darussalam, they are very friendly.

   Next, understand how important it is to care more about the environment. For example, by teaching us to be a person who is more sensitive to the environment and not someone who is careless to the environment. Because as human we must be care about environtment. We must know what is happening in our environment, for example if there are natural disasters. When I was a boy scout, we held a fundraiser for flood victims in Bangkinang a few years ago. Very happy to see them accepting our help with a happy face. 

    Having experience as a scout member is very precious and I feel worth to follow it when high school although most people say that scouts are dirty but I do not care because there I get a lot of benefits and experience that I will not get anywhere.

3 komentar:

  1. Good ara. But I think you should make topic sentence in first paragraph😁

    BalasHapus
  2. Hello Tiara.. This is a beautiful essay, but I think you have to write the topic sentence in the first paragraph. Please check again the tenses that you used in your essay Tiara.. Keep writing!

    BalasHapus